The Comp Series returns!
Launch night Thursday 3rd Feb, 7pm, with live DJ
>> 30 Problems
>> 1 month to climb them
The time for pulling hard and challenging your mates is back. The Autumn series went waaay beyond our expectations and we were so happy to hear the fantastic feedback from so many people at so many of the rounds. The Final was a brilliant day with great climbing, great vibes and great tunes with a psyched crowd watching. We are really excited to be doing it all again this Spring. The series will be launching Thursday the 3rd February with 30 brand new problems for Round 1.
We’re starting with a bang on our launch night with a DJ from 7pm, a live leader board and some giveaways to help get you psyched! The problems will be fresh on the wall so head down to get them ticked off before everyone else.
We are keeping the same competition format as the Autumn series as it was extremely well received and we found that it helped encourage all levels of climber to push themselves to the max. The competition will be run again through the Griptonite App where you will be able to log all your ascents and see your current placement.
If you didn’t compete in the Autumn series then here is the lowdown on the scoring system.
Every problem will have 1000 points available which will be split between all ascensionists. Each time someone logs a climb with points will be divided E.g., If two competitors complete a climb then each competitor is awarded 500 points, if four competitors complete a climb then it will be divided four ways and 250 points will be awarded to each competitor. Using this new scoring system allows everyone to work and project some of the competition climbs over the month-long rounds. It removes the need to flash a problem to get maximum points – time to get working on those hard ones and get a split of the points!
Round 1: Thursday 3rd Feb
Round 2: Thursday 3rd Mar
Round 3: Thursday 7th April
Round 4 – including Grand Final!: 7th May (ONE DAY ONLY EVENT)
There will be five different age categories split into Male and Female groups:
Junior 15-17yrs (Juniors can choose to compete in the Senior category if they so wish)
Youth B 11-14yrs
Youth A 6-10yrs
The Spring Competition Series is a relaxed and fun competition which will lead to a tense final on the Grand Final day. Even though it’s a relaxed atmosphere there are still a few rules which need to be followed.
If you are un-sure of any of the rules just speak to a member of staff and they will happily advise you.
- All participants must create a profile on the Griptonite App and enter the correct age category.
- Registration fee is £6 (£4 for monthly / annual members / U18) which allows you to register for the whole comp series. Includes your chance to win from the £2000 prize fund that we will be giving away across the 4 rounds
- You must have paid the registration fee to participate in any of the rounds. The fee is paid at Stronghold Tottenham Hale reception only.
- The competition series will take place ONLY at Tottenham Hale.
- Each climb will be marked with two numbered start tags and one QR code tag.
- You can enter your successful at any time on the Griptonite app. Can’t find the problem on the app, scan the QR code.
- Competitors must start with a hand on each of the tagged starting holds.
- You can use the walls or volumes for smearing if required.
- The last hold must be matched in control for a minimum of 3 seconds for it to be a successful ascent.
- Scoring will be allocated via the Griptonite App.
- Each problem will be worth 1000 points which will be divided between all ascensionists. E.g., two accents mean 500 points per competitor, four ascents mean 250 points per competitor.
- A competitor’s number of attempts for an ascent does not affect the given score.
- The position a competitor places in each round will be multiplied by their placement in the next round to give a final placement position. Only the two best placement scores from the three rounds will be taken. A minimum of two rounds in addition to the final day round must be completed to be put forward for the grand finals.
- The grand finals will be scored based on number of attempts in a time-controlled setting.
- Overall winners will be allocated in gender and age categories.
- HAVE FUN!